http://ashland.oregon.localsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/WEB_homeinstead.png 384 576 Indra Nicholas http://ashland.oregon.localsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/logo-1-300x76.png Indra Nicholas2014-12-07 13:28:272014-11-24 13:32:0610 Holiday Requests that Won’t Make Seniors’ Gift Lists:
While material gifts could satisfy the desires of a senior loved one, why not choose a present that is even more meaningful – a gift from the heart?
- Make it a special day be taking your older adult to a favorite store or create an online shopping experience
- Carry on the holiday cooking traditions, asking the senior to help where she can
- Schedule a gift-wrapping afternoon, complete with hot chocolate, cookies and plenty of family stories
- Make decorating a multigenerational activity by sending over the grandkids or great-grandchildren
- Offer to spend an afternoon writing Christmas cards
- Get a group of your senior loved one’s friends together to serenade other older adults in an assisted living facility or nursing home
- Be flexible and change traditions if necessary
- Get the entire family involved in gathering supplies for a homeless shelter or serving a holiday meal
- Help an older adult connect with loved ones far away with the latest technology such as Skype
- Sometimes all an older adult wants is companionship, whether it’s a few moments of the day or a driving tour to view holiday lights.
For more information, contact your local Home Instead Senior Care office at 541-734-2700