Our Summer PlayGuide is out! Check it our online at parks.ashland.or.us/PlayGuideSummer.
Did you know we have regular public meetings?
- Parks & Recreation Commission regular meetings on the 4th Mon each month at 7 p.m. at Council Chambers, 1175 E Main St
- Parks and Recreation Commission study sessions on the 3rd Mon of each month at 5:30 p.m. at The Grove, 1195 E Main St
- Trail Master Plan Update Committee meetings every other Fri at 10 a.m. at The Siskiyou Room in the Community Development Building, 51 Winburn Way, or at The Grove, Otte-Peterson Rm
- Numerous other quarterly or semi-annual Parks Commission subcommittee meetings, all with agendas posted to the City of Ashland website
The Lithia Park Master Plan is underway. The plan will guide the management of the resources, facilities and visitor experiences over the next 100 years, ensuring that Lithia Park continues to shine as Ashland’s jewel. Design Week, scheduled for June 12-15, 2018, will focus on vision and concept development for the Lithia Park Master Plan with formal and informal public input opportunities. Mark your calendar and be sure to attend the two Design Week formal public workshops:
- Please join us as we kick off Design Week with a hands-on workshop on June 12 from 7 to 9 p.m. Come prepared to roll your sleeves up and shape the guiding vision for Lithia Park in large and small group exercises. We’ll build on the Master Plan Goals, the strong foundation of Lithia Park today and the ideas and information the community has shared over the last few months.
- On June 14, come provide feedback on approaches to sustaining Lithia Park for the next 100 years. At this session, we’ll share ideas and possibilities generated over the course of Design Week and listen to your thoughts and feedback about how well they achieve the vision for Lithia Park.
All of Design Week is structured as an “open door” design team working session, where anyone can drop in while the team is working. The sessions will take place at the Ashland Community Center, Pioneer Hall, Siskiyou Room and the Lithia Park Bandshell (weather permitting). View complete info and schedule at ashland.or.us/LithiaParkMasterPlan.
REGISTRATION for the 2018 4th of July Run is OPEN! The cost for either run, 10K or 2-Mile Fun Run, is $10 for youth, and prices start at $20 for adults (13 and over)… Register early and save $$$. If you want a t-shirt with this year’s logo, please order by June 8, purchase options available when you register for the 10K or the 2-mile fun run. The cost is $10 per shirt. Complete info and registration at ashland.or.us/JulyRun.
Remember to book your tee-time for Golf or FootGolf at Oak Knoll Golf Course… OakKnollGolf.org or 541.482.4311.