Our Fall PlayGuide is out! Check it out online at parks.ashland.or.us/PlayGuideFall.
The annual Bear Creek Salmon Festival is just around the corner! This free, family-friendly event is always the first Saturday of October at North Mountain Park. The festival has LIVE music, activities for all ages, food and drink! Learn more at BearCreekSalmonFestival.net. Watch for details on Facebook, @AshlandParksandRec – #BearCreekSalmonFestival
Speaking of North Mountain Park… Did you know we are developing a Nature Play Area at the park? The design is in development and we are seeking grants, sponsorships and community participation to make it possible. Learn about how you can make this new park a reality at ashland.or.us/NaturePlayArea. Information about North Mountain Park is available at NorthMountainPark.org or call 541.488.6606.
Check out other current donation campaigns through the Ashland Parks Foundation, AshlandParksFoundation.com:
- Lithia Park 100-Year Celebration Book
- Lithia Park Butler-Perozzi Fountain Restoration Project
- Nature Play Area at North Mountain Park
- Ashland Senior Services Division
- Ashland Parks Foundation General Fund
We have an advertising opportunity at the seasonal Ashland Rotary Centennial Ice Rink in Lithia Park. This is a great chance for businesses to reach families and tourists in the Rogue Valley by displaying their logo, or ad, on the dasher boards at the rink. The rink is open mid-November through the end of February and has become an increasingly popular venue, boosting total visits to the rink from approximately 13,000 in the 2012-13 season to over 20,000 patrons in 2017-18. These estimates do not include the number of passersby that are drawn to the rink, during open and closed times, due to its convenient location within Ashland’s beloved Lithia Park. The 2018-19 season is almost upon us… The deadline to reserve ad space for the upcoming season is Wednesday, October 10. Complete details are available by contacting Lonny Flora at 541.552.2250. Advertising space is limited. Ice Rink info at ashland.or.us/IceRink.
Remember to book your tee-time for Golf or FootGolf at Oak Knoll Golf Course… OakKnollGolf.org or 541.482.4311.
Did you know we have regular public meetings?
- Parks & Recreation Commission regular meetings on the 4th Monday each month at 7 p.m. at Council Chambers, 1175 E Main St
- Parks and Recreation Commission study sessions on the 3rd Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. at The Grove, 1195 E Main St
- Trail Master Plan Update Committee meetings every other Friday at 10 a.m. at The Siskiyou Room in the Community Development Building, 51 Winburn Way, or at The Grove, Otte-Peterson Room
- Numerous other quarterly or semi-annual Parks Commission subcommittee meetings, all with agendas posted to the City of Ashland website
Thank you for letting us serve you! To learn more about APRC visit AshlandParksandRec.org, call 541.488.5340 or visit our Rec office at The Grove, 1195 E Main St –“Fun, it’s in our Nature!”