Wellness Pet Supplies

Got Fleas? Let’s Get the Root of the Problem

Do you even have fleas? When your pets are itchy, the first guess is always Fleas (& it’s not a bad guess since those buggers are popular!)

Checking for fleas. To check for fleas, use a flea comb to inspect the base of your pet’s tail and groin area for live fleas or flea “dirt” (feces)- teeny black specks that turn reddish when wet.

So, just how bad is it? If you found evidence of fleas on your dogs or cats, the chances are high they’re in your home, too. And treating fleas exclusively on your pets is not going to solve the problem. (That would be like scooping up water with buckets to stop a flood while the faucet is still running!)

They bite & infest. Fleas are parasites (Yuck!) they feed on your pets, and then infest your space, hiding in carpets, pet bedding & crevices.

There are more than you see. The adult fleas you can see make up only 5% of the flea population: the other 95% are in various life stages invisible to the human eye- eggs, larvae, and pupae.

The can pose health risks. Of course fleas are annoying to pets, but they can also cause flea allergy dermatitis, transmit tapeworms & lead to anemia if left untreated. They’re a bit more than a nuisance!

They make a lot of babies. A female flea can lay up to Two Thousand Eggs over the course of her lifetime, so it’s important to stay vigilant about flea & tick prevention before things get out of control.

Ok, so what do I do? You’ll want to eliminate fleas from your PETS, HOME and OUTDOOR SPACES- but don’t lose your head! Your best bet is to treat for fleas with WONDERCIDE NATURAL PRODUCTS, and then use those same natural remedies on an ongoing basis to prevent fleas & ticks.

How it works! The active ingredient in Wondercide flea and tick products is cedar oil, which has been used for centuries to protect from pests (think Grandma’s cedar chest!). Cedar oil works by blocking octopamine, which is necessary to regulate heart rate, movement, and metabolism in “bad bugs” like fleas and ticks. When the aroma of cedar oil is present in the area, pests are repelled. When contacted by cedar oil, pests die. Treat nature with nature.

Keep fleas off your pets. To keep fleas & ticks away, apply Wondercide Flea & Tick Control for Pets & Home to dogs & cats every 2-3 days or as needed for flea & tick prevention, and when visiting untreated areas, like on walks in the parks.

Keep fleas out of your home. Spray your home quarterly to keep fleas from establishing themselves indoors & repel ticks. You can also spray pet bedding & favorite hangouts.

Events: Nail Clip Day- First Sunday of every month with Land of paws at Wellness Pet Supplies 462 A St. Next day is March 4th from 11-1pm $7



Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button