It’s that time of year again… so lace up your skates and hit the ice! The Ashland Rotary Centennial Ice Rink is now open and the 2014-15 Season will feature something for everyone!
FIRST FROST: Our seasonal grand opening has been rescheduled for Saturday, December 20 from 6 to 10 p.m. Highlights:
- Rec Skate with live DJ Hope
- Our friendly mascot, Chilly the Snowman
- Ice Sculpting by Roger Butterfield
- Performances by Southern Oregon Figure Skating Club beginning at 7:30pm
- 3-on-3 hockey exhibition game at 3:30pm featuring the Southern Oregon Adult Hockey Association (SOHA Stars) playing the Sharp Skates Kings. Bring the kids and check out 3-on-3 hockey
- Discounted coupons distributed for Youth Programs
- Kids 5 and under skate for free; Adults $3.00 (not including skate rental)
The 2014-15 Season will feature something for everyone! Check out our lineup of NEW programming:
- Cheap Skates (skate rentals just .50/ea)
- Frozen Tots (youngsters ages 13 and under skate to music and take part in special activities)
- Advanced Skate (hard and fast skating)
- Learn to Skate (beginning lessons with experienced instructors for participants as young as three years of age)
- Quiet Ice (a slow-paced Adapted Program)
- Expanded Youth Hockey programs
- Traditional programming such as Rec Skate (formerly Open Skate), School/Youth Groups and more
Visit our website for a complete listing of programs: www.ashland.or.us/IceRink
The outdoor rink, a division of Ashland Parks & Recreation, is located at 95 Winburn Way, across from the Lithia Park playground, around the corner from the Plaza, and at the corner of Nutley Street and Winburn Way. Bring the whole family!
Our skate rentals accommodate toddler size 9-up to men’s size 15.
For more information, prices, daily/extended holiday schedules and ice skating programs/lessons visit www.ashland.or.us/IceRink, call the ice rink directly at 541.488.9189, or call the Ashland Parks & Recreation office at 541.488.5340. Scholarships available!
We hope you can experience one of the most magical places in Ashland… that little outdoor rink in beautiful Lithia Park, where the air is fresh, the white lights are twinkling and the music blends with the sounds of nature and blades on the ice… “Let’s skate!”
To learn more about Ashland Parks & Rec, visit www.AshlandParksandRec.org, call 541.488.5340 or speak with staff directly at our office in upper Lithia Park, 340 S Pioneer St.
Don’t forget to “LIKE” us on Facebook – www.Facebook.com/AshlandParksandRec.