We are in the thick of summer and in the middle of our summer program offerings for all ages! View the 2019 Summer Community PlayGuide, at AshlandParksandRec.org. If you want to hone in on summer programming just for the kiddos go directly to ashland.or.us/KidsSummer.
Speaking of our PlayGuides, we are working on our 2019 Fall Community PlayGuide. Email if you are interested in advertising in the autumn guide! The deadline to send your ad to us is just around the corner…Friday, July 19! This guide will be direct mailed to all Ashland and all Talent households. It’s a great opportunity for exposure in your community!
Our outdoor Daniel Meyer Memorial Pool is open for the season! View the 2019 schedule at ashland.or.us/Swim. If you would like to sign up for notifications for pool closures due to smoke or inclement weather, text DMPOOL to 888-777. Note: Those who register for swim lessons will automatically receive notifications; however, you will have the ability to opt out.
This summer, Rock the Knoll – 3 bands, 3 months at the Oak Knoll Golf Course… The Brothers Reed on July 12, East Main Band on August 16, Hog Wild on September 21. Call 541.482.4311 for more info.
Happenings in Lithia Park this summer, ashland.or.us/LithiaHappenings…
• First Friday Silent Disco in the Park; July 5, August 2, September 6, October 4; 5 to 11 p.m., $5 donation.
• 2nd and 4th Friday each month, family movies at the Bandshell: July 12, July 26, August 9, August 23, September 13, Sep 27 – Movies in the Park will start at dusk, $5 donation.
• Free Lithia Park Nature Walks on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday, 10 to 11:30 a.m. (and Saturday in July and August), rain or shine, through the end of September.
Volunteer with us! We are looking for volunteer park hosts for Lithia Park! Or if you are looking for indoor gig, we need volunteers at the Ashland Senior Center with the RVCOG Food & Friends Program. For more info call 541.552.2264.
Did you know our Senior Services Division has a variety of offerings for those who are ages 50 and up? Info at AshlandSeniorServices.org, or 541.488.5342. Here is a snapshot of July happenings…
• Ice Cream Social! Join us for this annual, joyous event on Wednesday, July 17, 1 to 2:30 p.m. The Social is FREE and all seniors and their families are welcome. Enjoy live music from the Jabbewocky Goodtime Band! Special thanks to our event sponsors, Village at Valley Views.
• On Monday, July 29, from 7 to 8 p.m. join us for the Britt Orchestra Fellows String Ensemble Concert. This special concert by the Britt Education’s James Collier Orchestral Fellows is FREE. Bring your own blankets, lawn chairs and refreshments for the evening.
To learn more about APRC visit AshlandParksandRec.org, call 541.488.5340 or visit our Rec office at The Grove, 1195 E Main St – “Fun, it’s in our Nature!”