Our WinterSpring 2019 Community PlayGuide is out! Check it out at AshlandParksandRec.org.
The 2018-2019 Ice Skating Season is in full swing! It’s that time of year again… so lace up your skates and hit the ice! The seasonal outdoor Ashland Rotary Centennial Ice Rink will be open through February 18, 2019. View the complete schedule at ashland.or.us/IceRink.
Did you know the APRC Senior Services Division has a variety of offerings for those who are ages 50 and up? Check out their website at AshlandSeniorServices.org to view ongoing activities and upcoming events! You may also reach them directly at SeniorInfo@ashland.or.us or 541.488.5342.
We have a wide range of opportunities for volunteers of all ages. Volunteer options include Ashland Rotary Centennial Ice Rink, gardening at North Mountain Park and helping at the Senior Services Division with the Food & Friends lunch service program. We also need office support at the North Mountain Park Nature Center and at the Ashland Senior Center. Thank you to our wonderful ‘Adopt-a-Park’ sponsors for their support in helping keep our parks and trails pesticide-free. We love our volunteers–so get involved, have fun and make a difference in your community! Contact APRC Volunteer Coordinator Lori Ainsworth at 541.552.2264, email@example.com or visit ashland.or.us/Volunteer.
Did you know we are developing a Nature Play Area at the park? The design is in development and we are seeking grants, sponsorships and community participation to make it possible. Learn about how you can make this new park a reality at ashland.or.us/NaturePlayArea. Info on North Mountain Park at NorthMountainPark.org or call 541.488.6606.
Check out other current donation campaigns through the Ashland Parks Foundation, AshlandParksFoundation.com:
- Lithia Park 100-Year Celebration Book
- Lithia Park Butler-Perozzi Fountain Restoration Project
- Nature Play Area at North Mountain Park
- Ashland Senior Services Division
- Ashland Parks Foundation General Fund
Be sure to check out Oak Knoll Golf Course and keep them in mind as a venue to host your holiday party or winter wedding! Remember to book your tee-time (for golf and footgolf) at OakKnollGolf.org or 541.482.4311.
Did you know we have regular public meetings?
- Parks & Recreation Commission regular meetings on the 4th Monday each month at 7 p.m. at Council Chambers, 1175 E Main St
- Parks and Recreation Commission study sessions on the 3rd Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. at The Grove, 1195 E Main St
- Numerous other quarterly or semi-annual Parks Commission subcommittee meetings, all with agendas posted to the City of Ashland website at ashland.or.us/ParksCommittees
Thank you for letting us serve you! To learn more about APRC visit AshlandParksandRec.org, call 541.488.5340 or visit our Rec office at The Grove, 1195 E Main St – “Fun, it’s in our Nature!”