We live in crazy times. The coronavirus is amplifying change in our world and in ourselves. We are witnessing unprecedented shifts in our culture. We are also struggling with uncertainty, isolation, lack of connection, depression, loneliness, and dis-ease. This can create a shadow effect in our mind, body, and souls.
A seed must crack wide open and break apart before true growth occurs. Chaos precedes a new pattern. We must break before we truly learn to bend. Instead of struggling against this shadow effect, here are some suggestions to amplify your inner light and assist your adaptation.
1. Lean into your feelings. Name your feelings. Share them and really feel them. Allow yourself to move and make sound as you do this.
2. Turn your face toward the sun. If there’s a shadow, there’s also sunshine present. Go outside, face the sun, and feel it upon your skin. Literally move towards the sun. Feel more light inside and out. If you love sunsets, try sunrises. The birthing of new light is powerful.
3. Get moving. “Motion is lotion” is a phrase often cited in my office. Try a new movement activity. Try surfing, dancing, tennis, etc.
4. Forgive yourself. Forgiveness is a shortcut to healing. Forgive yourself not only for wrong actions, but also for times when you felt you were not enough to meet the situation. Allow light to enter the cracks of yourself. More light brings more wholeness.
5. Find new heroes. Many of the statues of old heroes have fallen as more light shines a fuller truth to their history. Find new heroes. These need not be perfect people, but rather individuals who have hit rock bottom but find a way to persevere and overcome. Be the hero of your own story.
6. Reach out your hand. Every one of us needs help sometimes. There are great practitioners in this valley ready to assist you. Likewise, you can reach out and help a neighbor, family member, or stranger in need. There’s strength when we join hands.
7. Turn up the flame. Imagine a pilot light inside yourself. Adjust the setting to amplify this flame. Let your light shine brighter and watch the shadows lessen!
Contact the office by calling or texting 541-816-1911 if you would like to see how Network Care can speed inner healing and bring inner calm.