1. Focus on giving your unique gifts that only YOU can give, such as laughter, compassion, presence, acceptance, etc, more than on what material gifts you will give people.
2. Slow down and remember that this is a time of being together with those that you love. Sop rushing around and just BE with people.
3. This is a time of being grateful for the love that is in your life. Wake up each morning this month and say out loud who you are grateful for and why.
4. The holidays can be a hard time for those who are not in partnership or are far away from family. Remember that we are all connected and are really never alone. Use this time to have a juicy love affair with YOU! Do the things that help you feel more connected such as meditation, yoga or dance classes, community events, or initiating a gathering of friends.
5. Donate your services to those less fortunate. Please don’t forget to give more this month (and always!) to those in need. Giving our time and attention to being in service of others creates so much joy in our lives and is what this time is all about.
6. Take care of YOU! During this busy time, give yourself the gift of a massage, or day at the spa, or whatever it is that will help you relax and feel good in your body. When we feel alive and energized, we have more to give and share with others.
7. Make homemade gifts for people. Every year for the past 5 or so years, I have made most of my presents for people. From decorated matchbook boxes, to cute little sock snowmen, easy homemade gifts mean so much more to people and get your creative juices flowin’! (Pintrest has great ideas!)
8. Use this month as a time to reflect on all of the blessings you have received this year and on what has worked in your life. Write it down as you feel gratitude for these things. Then write down what you want to create more of in your life and set new goals and make plans to accomplish these goals. (Baby steps are great!)
9. Get your nervous system checked. Transforming old tension and trauma into energy through the work we do at Soulwave Chiropractic Studio helps you feel more ease in your body, joy and connection, so you can give your gifts more fully!
10. Don’t over indulge. Have fun, treat your self and live it up, but over indulging in food, drink, etc. simply makes us feel less energized and alive. This holiday season, commit to showing up as the best version of you so you can radiate your light and make all those around you feel like celebrating!