This year is flying by! We want to say a big thank you to everyone who came by and visited us throughout the year. We appreciate each and every one of you! Our doors will be open until December 15th, and then we will close for the year. We will reopen on January 10th with a fresh assortment of plants to shop from. Primroses and cyclamen are going to be the plants that are the most popular when we reopen. We will also start bringing out the THOUSANDS of perennials we have been growing for you mid to late January.
There is still time to pick out some beautiful poinsettias! If you already have some at home, here are some reminders for taking care of them:
• Poinsettias do not like to stay constantly wet, nor do they like to dry out completely. It is best to allow the soil to dry a bit between watering.
• Water the plant as soon as it feels lightweight. Water it deeply, until water flows freely out the bottom of the pot, so you know that the soil is completely wet.
• There is no need for any fertilizer for the rest of the season.
• Give the plants as much light as you can, especially natural light.
• Keep them out of a draft and away from heaters. Next to a door or on top of appliances would not be a good placement for them.
A great gift for those with green thumbs in your life would be one of our gift certificates. We can make them out for any amount you wish. Come see us or give us a call before we close for the season on December 15th.
2022 will be the 116th year that Ashland Greenhouses has been in business! We are still madly in love with plants. We take pride in providing the valley (and some places outside the valley) with quality plants grown right here in Ashland.
From all of us at Ashland Greenhouses, we hope you and your families have a wonderful holiday season and a great New Year! We look forward to gardening with you in 2022.